Building fair and equitable conflict management processes starts with a focus on early resolution and creating opportunities to learn from complaints at every stage from front-line staff through to senior leadership. For 20+ years I’ve been helping individuals and organizations identify opportunities to resolve conflict informally and develop critical dispute resolution skills.
Learn more about my approach to managing conflict:
- Supervising Conflict: Managing Grad Conflict as Faculty (University of Toronto Press, April 2023)
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI): Where Does the Ombuds Fit? (Canadian Journal of Bioethics, Vol.5, No.3 (2022), Co-authored with Julie Boncompain & Brent Epperson)
- Peer-to-peer conflict coaching helps students navigate the rocky seas of grad school (University Affairs, Feb.2020)
- Conflict conversations:
- Elemental Magazine – Issue 3 Anxiety (2019) – “How to talk to my professor about my mental health?”
- MediateBC & CoRe – Panel: Talking about Careers in Conflict Resolution (October 2021) / YOUTUBE VIDEO (Recording of panel).
Conflict can be an opportunity – find out how!
– Heather McGhee Peggs, BA, LLB
“[Heather] is someone who brings good humour, empathy, and diplomacy to every interaction. Her commitment to diversity and inclusion is exemplary…“Jessica T., PhD candidate
“You completely changed my perception(s) of conflict resolution as a grim/foreboding endeavour and channeled brilliance and dedication through all of your training, programming, and consulting.”Yaseen A., University of Toronto